Snacking can be healthy with just a little effort and thinking ahead. Here is a list of 20 Healthy Easy-to-Grab Snacks for you and your kids.
1. Fruit/Fruit Salad – all kinds, choose your favorites, don’t forget those Berries.
2. Graham Crackers
3. Cottage Cheese (Low-Fat) or Goat Cheese
4. String Cheese (Cheddar & Colby Jack)
5. Sweet Potato & Veggie Chips (make sure they’re baked)
6. Apple Butter
7. Apple Sauce
9. Peanut Butter... a spoonful or topped on a celery stick
10. Mini-Sweet Peppers
12. Baked Potato (add your favorite topping)
13. Hard Boiled Eggs
14. Nuts & Seeds (almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.)
15. Raw Veggies & Low-Fat Dips
16. Rice Cakes
17. Frozen Banana (peel before freezing) and whip into Ice Cream using nothing but the banana
18. 100% Frozen Fruit Pops
19. Avocado or Guacamole
20. A mini-meal of Leftovers
Have some of these items readily available and your children and you can grab one of these snacks as opposed to an unhealthy candy, cookie or potato chip.
Just a change in thought process can make what your family eats really.
If this post was helpful to you, comment below and let’s help some more parents! Feel free to share this with anyone who just had a new baby or just might enjoy the post or on your social media sites!
Peace, Love & Laughter!
Let’s raise happy and healthy kids together!
Catch me live on Facebook, as we discuss topics of concern and great ideas for all parents and caregivers. Is there a topic you’d like me to address, just send me an email or comment below.